Saturday, February 11, 2012

"Chinatown" - A guest post


Over at the excellent blog, Film Noir Blonde, my friend Jacqueline recently asked me if she could contribute to my Roman Polanski blogathon with a post of her own. Although this was held last April, I agreed to her request, as I throughly enjoy her writing and the work she is doing highlighting film noir.

So here is her review of the great Chinatown from 1974...

A nervous femme fatale with a slight stutter. A stocky PI with a hot temper and a bandage plastered on his face.  Perhaps not the most promising characters at first glance; in fact they are among noir's finest. Faye Dunaway and Jack Nicholson deliver knockout performances in 1974's "Chinatown," a neo-noir that ranks as one of the greatest films ever made.


Continue reading at Film Noir Blonde...

No comments:

Post a Comment